25 Oct Podcast with The Elephant in the Room
About the author
Jane Slack-Smith has been named one of the Top 10 Property Experts in Australia by Money Magazine, one of the Top 4 Financial Influencers by Qantas and been awarded the Australia’s Mortgage Broker of the Year twice.
I recently joined the gang over at The Elephant in the Room on their podcast. In this interview we covered a range of investment fundamentals, including:
- The danger of “hot-spotters” who forget to tell you when to exit.
- Why you don’t need to be an active investor or have lots of properties to be successful.
- The difference between a property flip and a flop.
- The cost of time when renovating.
- Renovation strategies: Repair, Rejuvenation, Refresh, Restructure and Revamp.
- The real cost of a dream lifestyle in retirement.
- The importance of cash-flow.
- Why borrowing capacity is going to get worse.
- The truth behind “that 60 Minutes story” and sensational journalism.
- How to narrow 8,000 suburbs down to 330 suburbs.
- Just because something is cheap, doesn’t mean it’s less risky.
- How bad decisions often compound.
The 60 Minutes report:
The Media Watch story on the 60 Minutes story: