05 Oct Why Property Investing can feel like Mission Impossible
About the author
Jane Slack-Smith has been named one of the Top 10 Property Experts in Australia by Money Magazine, one of the Top 4 Financial Influencers by Qantas and been awarded the Australia’s Mortgage Broker of the Year twice.
If you are like me you like Tom Cruise films.
However, I get it – the series of Tom Cruise films are a bit hit and miss.
Some work, but others…ho hum.
Property Investing is a lot like this for many people, some purchases seem like the holy grail and others well…ho hum.
Because the foundations have not been laid right and there is no repeatable process.
That is why I was excited to hear about the ‘Start and Build’ course my mates over at the Property Couch have created. I jumped into it and it could just be the perfect script for your financial success.
Just like a good movie, there is always a good script – stick to the script and you’re up for a Golden Globe… but deviate, get too clever and, well it all becomes a bit…beige.
A box office ghost town.
A total flop.
Investing should not feel like mission impossible, however there is a process that I have seen over the last 15 years. There is a formula, just like the perfect script, that if you follow you can be left with success.
The formula starts with a plan.
- You need a goal, you need to get inside that goal
- Then you need to take stock of your current situation
- Then develop the steps to achieve it your goal to get your from the now to where you want to end up
- You then need to find a proven and replicatable process, don’t reinvent things and make your own mistake, get a shortcut from those who have achieved what you want
- You then need to take action
- Then comes patience, investing is more an armchair activity then an active once off event.
- Once you have success, or can prove you are on the path to success, replicate it.
That’s it the perfect script
So are you up to following it?
Jane (scriptwriter…) Slack-Smith
I have convinced Bryce and Ben to even give you mates rates on their Start and Build course, because this is something that my courses are missing, one of the first steps, which is to know your current situation and plan accordingly. So take a look at their course just click the link I think you will be delighted with what you see.
PS If you would like to checkout helpful information then you might find the following useful.
- Borrow My Brain Series. Sometimes you just need a second set of eyes over a property purchase. In this series I talk to investors and first home buyers looking for some help. https://www.janeslacksmith.com.au/borrowmybrain
- Your Home is Your Gold Mine. This series was completed for Australian Women’s Weekly. It shows how your home can be the cornerstone of your wealth https://yourpropertysuccess.com.au/goldmine/
- Are you a first home buyer who is wondering if now is the time to buy? Check out all the resources including the First Home Buyers Show here http://firsthousebuyer.com.au/
- For a collection of all our my courses, podcasts, series and more you can find it all here www.janeslacksmith.com.au